Saturday, June 24, 2006

New York


Just a quick note. We are in New York now, taking a few days of vacation. They have asked me to speak tomorrow (Sunday morning) at the church that we served at 5 years ago. It is a thrill for me to be invited to speak there again.

The weather is beautiful. It is very relaxing as we look out over Lake Ontario. Last night we had a get together with some folks from the church. Kathy and I snickered about what would happen if nobody showed up. Do people really remember us?

Well, about 30 people showed up and we had a great time. Lots of stories of old times here, lots of jokes, lots of good friendships renewed.

That is the best part. Lots of good friendships.

3 comments:

Mark said...

such is the community of Christ, his church. I love it.

I'm looking forward to having you guys back again.

I can see you two snickering together. For you that's not just another way to say laugh, you guys really do snicker.

kate debaene said...

i think the real question is...did you get any great goodwill finds while there? shopping at goodwill in other states is in fact something i love. just call me hauerwas.

Jenn Swift said...

"I LOVE NY" - you do realize i'm not just saying that. i'm singing it... as you have heard it sung on commercials that tout the wonders and magic of the empire state. did you wave hi to rochester for me as you passed it on I-90... all three exits... 490, 390 and 490 again as you go east through victor? i really should've jumped in the car with you all.