Monday, June 05, 2006

Parent - Child Moment

It is a little unnerving having your sixteen year old daughter commenting on your blog. Just doesn't seem right. "Baby, your daddy just signed up for his very own blog" - just doesn't seem right.

But, I will go out on a limb here (since I know now that my daughter is reading my blog) to go on record to say that she is one terrific daughter. Just a couple of years and she will be moving out for college (if she gets her way about it) and one season of our life and interaction will move into another. I pray that she always knows how proud I am of her.

3 comments:

kate debaene said...

i will affirm the notion of the terrific and wonderfulness that is lindsey brothers. i think she makes yoder proud. i have a lot to learn from that girl.

Anonymous said...

I too agree how awesome Lindsey is. She continues to amaze me all the time. But with great parents like you and Kathy it's no wonder she turned out so great! Now if we could just get her to cook she'd have the whole package!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just reading her comment on the postmodernism post (by the way, brother brothers I can barely keep up with you and your very frequent postings-you're like a bird finally uncaged, free at last to spread your writing wings and soar) Anyway, as I was reading what Linds wrote, I thought, as much as I loved my dad, I never would've cared enough to read his "rantings" let alone, try to understand and apply them. She's amazing. And what you guys have is inspiring. It makes me smile to think that if, like Jeff and I, you two were ever prematurely parted, you guys would never have to worry that things were left unsaid. I love you both and pray that I can inspire a fraction of the respect in my girls that Lindsey has for You.