Monday, September 11, 2006

Jesus - Church

Well, as you can see, my blogging has slowed over the last few weeks. I have hit a very busy spell at church and it has squeezed out blogging time. But I think I am ready for another run at it.

Here is my plan. I hope to write a short series of blogs about a topic that has fascinated and concerned me for a while. The inquiry is... how much of what we do at church (meaning particularly the North American church - even though there is much diversity even in North American) matches the ministry and concerns that Jesus had. It is a difficult topic and I know it is tricky trying to draw a straight line from what Jesus was doing to what we should be doing - I understand the cultural and historical challenges. But I am surprised at how little attention Jesus gets in most churches. Maybe you are surprised at that last statement - and that is what I hope to tease out in the next few blogs.

9 comments:

jefe said...

Now see I have my own idea for you. But I don't want it buried in the middle of this post. So ahmma gonna make it the subject of my next post... stay tuned big daddy... stay tuned.
asalaam aleikeum, my brutha
jefe

DangerousWomen said...

I am so looking forward to this conversation. Jesus as our leader, has so often been replaced by Bill, Rick, John, Rob... It will be good to see where the church seems to be getting it right too!

lead us on!

-j

do I have ongoing permission to quote you?

Anonymous said...

i so love it when you tease me!

Anonymous said...

I will be reading this, and I will be looking forward to it.

kate debaene said...

count me in as a frequent reader. and by the by, the "velcro elvis" comment made me laugh out loud...twice.

ASWilliams said...

Dear Dwayne,

With all due respect, you're killing me here. Would you kindly post already?

Sincerely,

Aimee

Jessica said...

i, too am waiting......

Josh Jackson said...

Blogs are full of lies. I'm a liar. And now you're a liar.

Hurry up and post a little.

:)

kate debaene said...

empty promises. we are left with empty promises. i know you are busy decorating the velcro shoes for the holidays, but a post here or there might be nice! :-) miss you!