Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Grandma is home now

I just received word about an hour ago that my Grandma Syble passed away in Arkansas. It is strange how some things work - we already had plane tickets bought for the whole family to go to Arkansas for Christmas. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon and will now join the rest of the family in a memorial of my Grandmother.

My grandmother contributed so much to my life. She lived to be 99 years old - and every moment of it, she lived as a Christian. I don't ever remember hearing about a time that my grandmother was out of church or that she wavered from her Christian faith. She loved well - laughed a lot - was very industrious - and out-lived her two husbands. Tonight, she was tired and needed to go home. Thanks, grandma - you have left a wonderful legacy of how to live well.

3 comments:

kate debaene said...

sorry to hear about your loss...but it sounds like your grandma had quite the life. praying for your family this christmas.

Jessica said...

sorry for your loss as well dwayne. 99...wow...what memories you'll have to share this christmas.

Krista said...

I'm just a college student...and you want to turn me into a theologian..we'll see about that :)